Monday, May 7, 2007

John Masters Organics @ Blossom Beauty

After some studying at Starbucks today, I walked into Blossom, the bath and beauty store, just browsing randomly since I haven't shopped there in a long time.

My browsing turned into another small spree when I saw all the 50% off signs in the back.

I spent most of my time deciding what to purchase from the John Masters line. I've only heard of good things about it (and on Oprah)...so for 50% on selected skincare products, I was in heaven.

I purchased the Jojoba & Ginseng exfoliating face cleanser (pic) and French Green Clay & Green Tea Purifying mask for myself and the Linden Blossom Face Creme Cleanser for my mom (Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday guys!). I know what you're thinking, 2 items for yourself and only 1 for your mom?! I have other plans already, so the cleanser is just a bonus :)

I tried to find reviews on makeupalley, but no luck so far. I'll post my reviews when I actually get to using it...dunno when that'll be since I'm a product junkie.

Anyways, I learned more about John Masters on his site and you gotta love his philosophy:

All ingredients must meet my strict guidelines :


1. No sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs
2. No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)
3. No petro-chemicals
4. No animal testing
5. No artificial colors, fragrances or fillers
6. Ingredients must be as organic as possible
7. All plant extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible
8. All essential oils used must be steam-distilled and not extracted with propylene glycol - which kills the effect of the oils
9. All plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled - which kills the therapeutic properties of plant oils
10. All ingredients must be proven to be beneficial to the hair or skin
11. All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner (wild-crafted)
12. All ingredients must be bio-degradable as possible
13. Fair-Trade ingredients must be used when possible

Find out more at the John Masters homepage.

Also, check out the sales at Blossom Beauty where you can find products from Bloom Australia, Lola, John Masters, Philosophy, Cake, Red Flower, Cherryflip etc. for 40-50% off! There are many great Canadian brands and other brands you won't find anywhere else including Blinc's kiss me mascara.

Have fun shopping!

No comments: