Thursday, October 9, 2008

Summer clearance buys that also work for fall

Over the knee stockings in deep violet by Miss Sixty. Not really my style, but I like it on other people so I'm giving it a try. They're actually not sheer when put on, but sheer enough to wear during S/S yet like tights, you can wear 'em under dresses or with shorts as shown above. It actually has the Miss Sixty studded on the leg of one sock (like the pic) which I don't prefer.... However, I haven't had much luck finding a pair that's not sheer. That, or it's more expensive (American Apparel). Now why would I pay more for socks made in L.A. when I can get cheaper ones made in Italy? The cheapo in me will stick to logowhoring for the sake of saving a few bucks thank you very much.

Burgundy embellished tank with ruching and silk empire waist by Development. I love this brand, especially when it was designed by Philip Lim early on... This is one of my favourite colours to wear and looked so flattering! Though sleeveless, the rich berry colour is perfect for autumn! The straps are embellished with tiny pieces of metallic red foil which looks really cool but is quite annoying because they fall off or hook onto other things.

Bright pink knit tank w/ circle pattern by Milly. I love the colour and the subtle circle print knit! I can try to winter-ize it by layering it over thin black turtlenecks and tees (I know...how creative! lol) Unfortunately, knit stretches out so the straps are getting looser with each wear :S

No comments: